Our MissionThe Bay Trust improves lives through outdoor learning and connections with nature. Our Environmental Education Charity is located across two campuses between Dover and Deal. The sites include a residential centre with outdoor classrooms, an eco venue, organically managed garden and popular tea room – both the eco venue and tea room have won national awards. These exist thanks to the combined efforts of our trustees, staff, volunteers and partner organisations. Through our environmental projects, we seek to cooperate with nature, improving both biodiversity and human engagement with the natural world.
We want to
- Build strong, meaningful relationships between people and nature.
- Improve the health, wellbeing and employment opportunities for vulnerable members of our local community.
- Enhance the biodiversity of our local area and empower local people to do the same.
What we do
- Improve the lives of vulnerable people through outdoor learning and connections with nature.
- Support local people who are at risk of social exclusion with poor health, educational and employment opportunities.
- Help them access to employment and education by building self-confidence, attainment and career prospects.
- Nurture local biodiversity and teach others how to do the same
To do this we provide exceptional facilities and education to access nature through gardening, rural skills and outdoor learning activities. By doing this we aim to help tackle some of the underlying causes of poor physical and mental health as well as social exclusion. For more in-depth information about our work and current projects, visit our research pages.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to our Charitable Outcomes
- Delivering or supporting outstanding outdoor education with integrity, patience and compassion
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships through honesty and openness
- Giving outstanding hospitality to all our participants, volunteers and customers
- See all projects and services through to completion and to the very best of our best ability
- Supporting the safeguarding, welfare and needs of those within our care
- Welcoming new faces and old with the same enthusiasm and dedication – every time